Call for Abstracts Is Now Closed
The Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture and Natural Resources invites researchers and statisticians from academia, industry, and government to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or poster presentation on topics related to statistics in agriculture and natural resources. Presentations will focus on an array of topics, , including spatial statistics, hierarchical modeling, precision agriculture, and machine learning methodology, and our goal is to develop a fully rounded agenda that ensures a diverse representation. This conference will provide a framework for statisticians to share technical information that will promote the transfer of knowledge to a broad audience.
We strongly encourage everyone who plans to submit an abstract to attend in person. However, if extenuating circumstances prevent that, there is the virtual option. For those considering a virtual oral presentation, we expect this presentation to be given synchronously (with a video prepared as backup).
- A presenter can be a co-author of multiple abstracts. However, to allow as many people as possible to give an oral presentation, each presenter is limited to giving a maximum of one talk. There is no limit on the number of posters.
- Posters will either be on display throughout the conference in the grand lobby or in our virtual platform. Attendees will be able to view a PDF of all posters and their abstracts.
- Those who are accepted to give a virtual oral presentation are expected to give their talk synchronously and be available for questions and comments. As back-up, all virtual oral presentations will also be pre-recorded.
- Proof your abstract carefully and obtain applicable approvals prior to submission.
All presenters (oral and poster) are required to register and pay the applicable fee in order to attend the conference. Presenters must register by the end of early registration (Friday, March 31, 2023) to confirm participation. If not registered by March 31, 2023, your abstract will not be published and will be removed from the program.
Student competitions for both oral and poster presentations will be held in conjunction with the 2023 Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture and Natural Resources. All presentations by bachelors, masters and PhD students are eligible to participate. Student presentations will be scored based on a standard set of judging criteria and the winners will be announced on the last day of the conference. If you would like to be considered for this competition, be sure to indicate your interest when completing the abstract submission form.
Follow these steps to prepare and submit your abstract:
- Use this template to create a perfectly formatted abstract.
- Proofread your abstract carefully and obtain applicable approvals prior to submission.
- Complete the online submission form link. (If your email address is incorrect, you will not receive a confirmation.)
- Upload your abstract file as a Microsoft Word file by the end of Friday March 3, 2023.
After you have successfully completed these steps, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your abstract. Please keep a copy on file for your records.