Statistical Consulting Service
The Department of Statistics provides statistical software and design consulting services for the Purdue University community. Faculty, students, and staff are encouraged to use these services, which are offered free of charge. The Statistical Consulting Service can help you with statistical software problems and data analysis issues.
Statistical Software Consulting provides assistance with running a wide variety of statistical computing programs, including SAS, SPSS, Minitab, R, and Stata.
- Help with Statistical Software is available in-person December 8, 2023, Monday–Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Join remotely through December 8, 2023, Monday–Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Join the WebEx meeting for assistance.
- To see the Software Consulting Schedule, see the link to the left under HELP.
- Questions may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experimental Design and Data Analysis Consulting is available by appointment during the Fall, Spring and Summer (Modules II and III only) sessions. No assistance is available between sessions or during breaks. To apply, click here. This service assists with all phases of research projects, including:
- proposal preparation
- design of studies
- survey design
- data input strategies
- data import/export
- analysis of data
- interpretation of results
- presentation of results
- other statistics or probability problems
Once the application is submitted, a consultant will contact you to arrange for an initial meeting to be scheduled during one of our 9 one-hour time slots available each week. After the initial meeting, your consultant will continue to work with you 1-on-1 for the remainder of the semester.
- About SCS
- Student Consultants
- Staff Information
- Previous Faculty Associates
- Design and Data Analysis
- Notes for Consultants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Useful Links
- Software Consulting Schedule
- Introduction to Statistical Software
- How To
- Apply for Design Consulting
- Prepare for Initial Meeting
- Become a Consultant
- TAP: Consulting Help for Indiana Businesses