Purdue University - Department of Statistics - Moving Procedures Skip to main content

Moving Procedures

University Moving Expense Reimbursement Policy, Procedure, and Discount Options

As a faculty or staff member of Purdue University, you are eligible to take advantage of discount options available through preferred vendors. New employees may choose whichever company they prefer for their move, but we request that new employees use these vendors whenever possible. It is hoped that these agreements will allow new employees to begin their careers at Purdue University with as few moving problems as possible. To take advantage of these discount options, you will need to follow the steps outlined below when the University will be covering part or all your expenses. The heaviest moving months are May, June, July, and August. Please contact Purdue University as soon as possible to make arrangements with a moving company.

Please follow the steps below:

  1. You will need to notify the Business Manager in the Department of Statistics Business Office if you wish to be contacted by one of these two firms.

  2. The Department Business Office will contact the University Purchasing Department with your name, address, phone number, and the company you wish to use. In addition, a copy of the funding approval memo will be provided to Purchasing.

  3. The Purchasing Department will contact the moving company and relay the necessary information.

  4. The moving company will then make the arrangements directly with you.

Policy on moving for Faculty and Administrative Professional Staff (II.A.2)

Please refer all questions to the Business Manager (765) 494-1913 email: aschragg@purdue.edu. For any questions regarding the moving company contract, please contact Vicky Walker (765) 494-7270 email: vjw@purdue.edu, with the Purchasing Department.

Purdue Department of Statistics, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907

Phone: (765) 494-6030, Fax: (765) 494-0558

© 2021 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.