STAT/MA 41600, Fall 2017
Class times: TTh, 07:30 AM -- 8:45 AM (Section 003)
Professor: Jianxi Su
Office: MATH 536
Office hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 09:00 AM -- 10:00 AM, in MATH 536.
Midterm exam dates: First midterm exam, Thursday, Oct 5th; second midterm exam, Tuesday, Nov 21st.
Final exam -- Date: TBA.
- No assignment in the first week.
- First homework is posted; the due date of it is September 5th, in class.
- Hint: In Homework 1, questions 3 and 4, you may think the pages are numbered from 001 to 500.
- Two new homework are posted. Homework 3 (shorter) is due on Sep 28th, and Homework 4 (longer) is due on Oct 3rd. Please plan your time.
- Remember that the first midterm exam is on Oct 5th, in class (starting at 7:30am).
- Extra office hour for Exam 1 is on Wednesday, Oct 4th, 5:00pm-6:30pm.
- You are stop by my office at anytime to pick up Homework 4.
- Please bring your calculator to the exams. No calculator will be provided. Sharing calculators with others is NOT allowed.
- Grades for Exam 1 have been posted on BlackBoard; the class average is 84. You can stop by my office to pick up your exam at anytime.
- There is a typo in Question 3 of Assignemtn 7, in which -\theta ln(1-p) should be -(1/\theta) ln(1-p).
- Remember that the first midterm exam is on Nov 21st, in class (starting at 7:30am). No make-up exam will be given if you are late to class. GOOD LUCK!
- A set of practice questions on normal random variables is posted, together with a practice exam.
- Additional office hour for the second mid-term exam: Monday, Nov 20th, 4:00pm - 5:30pm.
- Please complete the university's online course evaluation here; deadline is Dec 10th. THANK YOU!
- Grades for Exam 2 have been posted on BlackBoard; the class average is 82. You can stop by my office to pick up your exam at anytime.
- You can check the final exam schedule here; the final exam will cover everything we have discussed uniformly.
- Additional office hour for the final exam: Dec 12th, 9am - 10am and 4:00pm - 5:00pm.