Welcome to my home page. I'm very glad that you made it this far.
- Department Mathematics,
B.S. in Mathematics
- Department of Probability and
M.S. in Statistics
Department of Statistics, University of Michigan
Ph.D. in Statistics
Department of Statistics, Purdue University
Faculty: Assistant Professor(08/2002--07/2009); Associate Professor (08-2009---)
- Research Interests:
- Spatial Epidemiology.
- Point Processes.
- Geostatistics for large data.
- Problems in restricted parameter.
- Weak Signal Detection.
- Mathematical Statistics.
- Zhang, T. (2014). A Kolmogorov-Smirnov type test for independence between marks and points of marked point processes. Electronic Jounral of Statistics, Accepted.
- Zhang, T., and Zhou, B. (2014). Test for the first-order stationarity for spatial point processes in arbitrary regions. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics, to appear.
- Zhuang, R. and Zhang, T. (2014). Hypotheses testing in Case-Control Spatial
Point Processes. Austin Statistics, 1, 1-9.
- Zhang, T. and Lin G. (2014). Family of power divergence spatial scan statistics. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 75, 162-178.
- Zhang, T. and Zhuang, Q. (2014). On the local odds ratio between points and marks in marked point processes. Spatial Statistics, 9, 20-37.
- Zhang, T. and Lin, G. (2013). On the limiting distribution of the spatial scan statistic. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 122, 215-225.
- Lin, G. and Zhang, T. (2012). Examining extreme weather effects on birth weight from the individual effect to spatiotemporal aggregation effects. Journal of Agriculatural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, 17, 490-507.
- Zhang, T., Zhang, Z., and Lin, G. (2012). Spatial scan statistics with overdispersion. Statistics in Medicine, 31, 762--774.
- Bowen, G.J., Kennedy, C.D., Henne, P.D., Zhang, T. (2012). Footprint of recycled water subsidies downwind of Lake Michigan. Ecoshpere, 3, Article 53.
- Wan, H., Zhang, T., and Zhu, Y. (2012). Detection and localization of hidden radioactive sources with spatial statistical method.. Annals of Operation Research, 192, 87-104.
- Zhang, T. (2012). Radioactive target detection with wireless sensor network. Computer, Informatics, Cybernetics and Applications. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 107, 293-301.
- Zhang, T. (2011). Statistical approach to radioactive target detection and location via wireless sensor networks. IEEE Proceeding of 2011 Third International Conference on Signal Processing Systems (ICSPS 2011), August 27-28, Yantai, China.
- Zhang, T. (2011). Detecting and locating radioactive signals with wireless sensor networks. ISIC, 2011, 110-113. IEEE ISIC '11 Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Information Security and Intelligence Control. 110-103. doi: 10.1109/ISIC.2011.26.
- Lee, H., Zhao, L., Bowen, G.J., Miller, C.C, Ajay, K., Zhang, T., and West, J. (2011). Enabling online geospatial isotopic model development and analysis. IEEE TereGrid Conference: Extreme Digital Discovery, Salt Lake City, July 18-21, 2011. Doi: 10.1145/2016741.2016783.
- Zhang, T. (2010). Spatial disease surveillance: methods and applications. Frontiers in Computational and Systems Biology (ed. by Feng, J. and Sun, F.), 238-300.
- Zhang, T. and Lin, G. (2009). Spatial scan statistics in loglinear models. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 53, 2851-2858.
- Zhang, T. and Lin, G. (2009). Cluster detection based on spatial associations and iterated residuals in generalized linear mixed models. Biometrics, 65,353-360.
- Zhuang, Q., Zhang, T., Xiao, J. and Luo, T. (2009). Quantification of net primary production of Chinese forest ecosystems with spatial statistical approaches. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, 14, 85-99.
- Zhang, T. (2008). A limiting distribution of G statistics. Statistics and Probability Letters, 78, 1656-1661.
- Zhang, T. and Lin, G. (2008). Identification of local clusters for count data: a model-based Moran's I test. Journal of Applied Statistics, 35, 293-306.
- Zhang, T. and Lin, G. (2007). A decomposition of Moran's I for clustering detection. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 51, 6123-6137.
- Lin, G. and Zhang, T. (2007). Loglinear residual tests of Moran'I autocorrelation: an application to Kentucky breast cancer incidence data. Geographical Analysis, 39, 293-310.
- DasGupta, A. and Zhang, T. (2006). On the false discovery rates of a frequentist: asymptotic expansions. IMS Lecture Notes Monograph, 50, 190-212.
- Zhang, T. and Lin, G. (2006). A supplemental indicator of high-value or low-value spatial clustering . Geographical Analysis, 38, 209-225.
- Zhang, T. (2006). A modification for Bayesian credible intervals. Communication in Statistics, 35, 1703-1711.
- Zhang, T. (2006). Existence of the signal in the signal plus background model. IMS Lecture Notes Monograph, 50, 144-155.
- DasGupta, A. and Zhang, T. (2005). Inference for binomial and multinomial parameters. As a chapter of the book Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, 2nd edition, edited by Drs. N. Balakrishman and Campbell B. Read and Brani Vidakovic, published by Wiley.
- Zhang. T. and Woodroofe, M. (2005). Admissible minimax prediction of the signal with known background. Statistica Sinica, 15, 59-72.
- Lin, G. and Zhang, T. (2004). A method for testing low-value spatial clustering for rare diseases . Acta Tropica, 91, 279-289.
- Zhang, T. and Woodroofe. M. (2003). Credible and confidence sets for restricted parameter spaces. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 115, Page 479-490.
- Zhang. T. and Woodroofe, M. (2002). Credible and confidence sets for the ratio of variance components in the balanced one-way model . Sankhya, 64, Page 545-560.
- Woodroofe, M. and Zhang, T. (2002). Discussion of ``Setting confidence intervals for bounded parameters'', by Mark Mandelkern. Statistical Science, 17, Page 168-171.
Stat 525: Intermediate Statistical Methodology, Fall 2014
How to contact me?
Department of Statistics
250 North University Street, 172
- West Lafayette, IN 47907-2066
- Tel: (765)496-2097