Department of Statistics
Department of Statistics
250 North University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Office: MATH 539
- M.S. Applied Statistics, Department of Statistics, Purdue University, 2008
- M.S. Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, 2006
- M.S. Applied Mathematics, School of Mathematics Sciences, Beijing Normal University, 2004
- B.S. Mathematics, School of Mathematics Sciences, Beijing Normal University, 2001
- Teaching assistant: STAT301
Elementary Statistical Methods , Department of Statistics, Purdue University, Spring/Fall 2010, Spring 2011
- Tutor: mathematical and statistical undergraduate courses, Inter-Collegiate Athletics Department, Purdue University, Spring/Summer 2007
I am working on several projects with my advisors, Professor Dabao Zhang and Professor Min Zhang. My reserach areas focus on
My Research Webpage in CCEHub: https://ccehub.org/groups/purduestatmodel/wiki/YanzhuLin
- Lin, Y., Zhang, M. and Zhang, D. (2010). Fitting high-dimensional generalized linear models via generalized orthogonal-components regression. In progress.
- Zhang, D., Lin, Y. and Zhang, M. (2009). Penalized orthogonal-components regression for large p small n data. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 3: 781-796.
- Y. Lin, M. Zhang, L. Wang, V. Pungpapong, J.C. Fleet, and D. Zhang (2009).
Simultaneous genome-wide association studies of anti-CCP in rheumatoid arthritis using penalized orthogonal-components regression. BMC Proceedings, 3 (Suppl 7): S20.
- M. Zhang, Y. Lin, L. Wang, V. Pungpapong, J.C. Fleet, and D. Zhang (2009). Case-control genome-wide association study of rheumatoid arthritis from GAW16 using POCRE-LDA. BMC Proceedings, 3 (Suppl 7): S17.
- Jedicka, SS., Madarlat, M., Hassell, T., Lin, Y., Zhang, M., Irazoqui, P. and Rickus, J. (2009). Calibration of neurotransmitter release from neural cells for therapeutic implants. International Journal of Neural Systems, 19: 197-212.
- Chen, R., Lin, Y. (2005). Optimal power control for multiple access channel with peak and average power constraints. Proc. IEEE International Conference on Wireless Networks, Communications and Mobile Computing (Wirelesscom05), 2: 1407- 1411.
- Lin, Y. and Li, H. (2004). Correspondence between the Orderings and the Quasi-Quotient Groups on an Ordered group. Journal of Beijing Normal University (Natural Science Version), 40: 433-436.
- Fitting High-Dimensional Generalized Linear Models via Generalized Orthogonal-Components Regression, The Eighth ICSA International Conference: Frontiers of Interdisciplinary and Methodological Statistical Research, Guangzhou, China, Dec. 2010.
- Iteratively Weighted Partial Least Squares for Fitting High-dimensional Generalized Linear Models, Third Midwest Statistics Research Colloquium, Chicago, IL, USA, March 2010.
- New Algorithm for Iteratively Weighted Partial Least Squares for High Dimensional Data, Categorical Data Analysis, University of Florida, Florida, USA, Jan. 2010.
- Simultaneous Genome-wide Association Studies Using Penalized Orthogonal-Components Regressions, Genetic Analysis Workshop 16, St. Louis, Mi, USA, Sept. 2008.
- Travel Award (2010), Categorical Data Analysis, Department of Statistics, University of Florida
- Travel Scholarship (2008), Genetic Analysis Workshop 16
- Scholarship of Summer Institute in Statistical Genetics (2008), Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington
- L.J. Cote M.S. Excellent in Statistics Award (2008), Department of Statistics, Purdue University
- Excellent Graduate Paper Award (2004), School of Mathematics Sciences, Beijing Normal University
- Third Prize Scholarship for Academic Excellence (2000), School of Mathematics Sciences, Beijing Normal University
Last Updated: Oct. 2010