BIOINFORMATICS SEMINAR SERIES: SPRING 2003
ST598B is a 1 credit seminar course (public is welcome) that meets
at 4:30pm on Tuesdays in LILLY G126.
If you would like your name added to the weekly mailing of this seminar
announcement, please send an e-mail request to RW Doerge: email@example.com
2000 seminar series speakers
Spring 2001 seminar series speakers
Fall 2001 seminar series speakers
Spring 2002 seminar series speakers
Fall 2002 seminar series speakers
Spring 2003 Schedule:
- Tuesday, January 14, 2003 4:30pm, REC 121
- Dachuang Cao and R.W. Doerge, Departments of Agronomy, and Statistics, and Computational Genomics
- Organizational meeting of all participants.
Everyone that is enrolled in
the course should attend. If you need a signature to add the class please see the main office in
Statistics (MATH 532).
- PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A ROOM CHANGE (we needed more seats). SEMINARS ARE NOW IN LILLY G126
- Tuesday, January 21, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Jeanne Romero-Severson and Dr. Joe Ogas, Department of Forestry and Department of Agronomy,
and Department of Biochemistry, respectively, Purdue University.
- "A microarray-based screen for targets of a chromatin remodeling factor in Arabidopsis"
- Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Steve Smith, V.P. Bioinformatics, NimbleGen Systems, Madison, WI
- "Microarrays from Micromirrors - The key to iterative experimental
- Tuesday, February 4, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Joe Anderson and Dr. Steve Scofield, USDA-ARS, Purdue University
- Co-investigators: Charles Crane, Steve Goodwin, Christie Williams, and Herb Ohm (Purdue University)
- "Expression Profiling in a Non-model Organism: Using Transcriptional Profiling in Wheat To Identify and Characterize Genes
Responding To Insect, Viral and Fungal Pests"
- Tuesday, February 11, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Miguel Arechavaleta, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Statistics, Purdue University.
- "Binary trait loci (BTLs) and Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) that influence the expression of defensive behavior of honey bees.''
- Tuesday, February 18, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126 !!!!!!!!!CANCELLED!!!!!!!!
- Dr. John Sninsky, Celera, Rockville, MD CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!
- Tuesday, February 25, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Ms. Amy Anderson, Department of Statistics, University of Washington
- "Gene Mapping on a Pedigree of Inbred Lines"
- Tuesday, March 4, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Jonathan Arnold, Department of Statistics, Department of Genetics, University
- "Computing Life"
- Tuesday, March 11, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Marta Wayne, Department of Zoology, University of Florida
- "Combining mapping and arraying: a novel approach to candidate gene
- Tuesday, March 18, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- NO SEMINAR. SPRING BREAK!
- Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Bill Muir, Department of Animal Science, Purdue University
- "Methods to select for, or map QTLs for, competitive effects in
plants or animals"
- Tuesday, April 1, 2003 4:00pm WSLR 116
- Dr. Nathan Spring, Department of Agronomy, University of Wisconsin
"Applications of oligonucleotide microarrays for functional genomics in maize"
- Tuesday, April 8, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Ernie Retzel, Director of Bioinformatics, University of MinnesotaCANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Tuesday, April 15, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Shankar Subramaniam, Department of Bioengineering,
and Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, and the
Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- "Systems Biology: Windows into Intracellular Networks"
- Tuesday, April 22, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- Dr. Scott Jackson and Dr. Cliff Weil, Department of Agronomy, Purdue University
- "Applying Comparative Genomics"
- Tuesday, April 29, 2003 4:30pm, LILLY G126
- NO SEMINAR!!!