BIOINFORMATICS SEMINAR SERIES: FALL 2002
ST598B is a 1 credit seminar course (public is welcome) that meets
at 4:30pm on Tuesdays in KRAN G016.
If you would like your name added to the weekly mailing of this seminar
announcement, please send an e-mail request to RW Doerge: email@example.com
l 2000 seminar series speakers
Spring 2001 seminar series speakers
Fall 2001 seminar series speakers
Spring 2002 seminar series speakers
Fall 2002 Schedule:
- Tuesday, August 20, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- R.W. Doerge, Departments of Agronomy, and Statistics, and Computational Genomics
- ``Introduction to a Bioinformatic Application: QTL Analysis meets Microarray Analysis''
- Organizational meeting of all participants, and introductory genomics, microarray,
and statistical genetics talk.
Everyone that is enrolled in
the course should attend.
- Tuesday, August 27, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Rick Westerman, Bioinformatics Specialist at the Genomics Initiative, Purdue University
- "Sequence Comparison: what statisticians should know about the
biologists' favorite tool"
- Tuesday, September 3, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- No Seminar: Class is Cancelled.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Lillian Rosa ,Affymetrix, Santa Clara, CA
- ``New Statistical Algorithms for Monitoring Gene Expression on GeneChip Probe Arrays''
- Tuesday, September 17, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Olga Vitek, Chris Bailey-Kellogg, and Carol Post, Department of Statistics, Department of Computer Science,
and Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, respectively; Purdue University
- "Statistical Issues in Protein Structure Determination by
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy''
- Tuesday, September 24, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Dina St. Clair, Assoc. Professor of Vegetable Crops, University of California, Davis
"Dissection of Quantitative Traits in Plants: from
QTL Mapping to Functional Genomics Approaches"
- Tuesday, October 1, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Kyunga Kim, Ph.D. Student, Department of Statistics, Purdue University
- "An application of Functional Genomics:
ELP Analysis for dissecting Regulatory Networks of Plant Disease
- Tuesday, October 8, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- No Seminar: Fall Break
- CANCELLED!!!!!!!! Tuesday, October 15, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Sylvia Spengler, Program Director Biological Databases and Informatics,
National Science Foundation, Washington, DC
- Tuesday, October 22, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Dave Salt, Assoc. Professor, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University
- "Mapping the ionome in Arabidopsis thaliana"
- Tuesday, October 29, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Dr. Henry Bryant and Dr. Jude Onyia Eli Lilly and Co.
- "Osteoporosis: Therapies and Use of Array Technology to Understand Mechanisms"
- Tuesday, November 5, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- John Hurrell , President, Indiana Proteomics Consortium
- ``The Indiana Proteomics Consortium:
A focused, collaborative approach to the development of new Proteomics Tools''
- Tuesday, November 12, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Joel Bader, Director of Bioinformatics, CuraGen
- ``Systems-level computational analysis of the genome, the transcriptome, and the proteome''
- Tuesday, November 19, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Ann Hess, Department of Statistics; Colorado State University
- ``Microarray Experiments: Before and After the Fold Change Calculation''
- Tuesday, November 26, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- No Seminar: Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 3, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- Dina St. Clair, Department of Vegetable Crops, University of California, Davis
- Tuesday, December 10, 2002 4:30pm, KRAN G016
- NO SEMINAR
- NO SEMINAR