|2012 – present
||PhD in Statistics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
||Advisor: Dr. Guang Cheng
|2007 – 2009
||MS in Statistics, National Central University, Jhongli City, Taoyuan County, Taiwan
||Advisor: Dr. Ying-Chao Hung
|2003 – 2007
||BS in Applied Mathematics, National Dong Hwa University, Shoufeng, Hualien, Taiwan
- Statistical Methodology for Massive Data and Meta-Analysis
- High-Dimensional Model Selection and Inference
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Time Series Analysis, Granger Causality and Cointegration Analysis
- Healthcare Engineering
|Fall 2014 – Summer 2017
||General Statistical Consultant @ School of Nursing
|Fall 2013 – Spring 2015
||Consultant @ Statistical Consulting Service
||TA, STAT 113 Statistics and Society
|Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
||TA, STAT 301 Elementary Statistical Methods
||Instructor, STAT 301 Elementary Statistical Methods
|June – August 2014
||Summer Internship @ Pfizer
|May 2011 – July 2012
||Research Assistant @ Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica
||Supervisor: Dr. Henghsiu Tsai
|August 2010 – April 2011
||Research Assistant @ Taiwan Suicide Prevention Center
||Supervisor: Dr. Chen-Hsin Chen
- Richards, E., Ogata, N., Cheng, C.W. (2017),
Randomized Controlled Theory-Based, E-Mail-Mediated Walking Intervention: Differences Between Dog Owners and Non-Dog Owners.
Clinical Nursing Research, 26(1), 47-67.
- Tsai, H., Tsay, R.S., Lin, E.M.H., and Cheng, C.W. (2016),
Doubly Constrained Factor Models with Applications.
Statistica Sinica, 26(4), 1453-1478.
- Richards, E., Ogata, N., Cheng, C.W. (2016),
Evaluation of the Dogs, Physical Activity, and Walking (Dogs PAW) Intervention: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Nursing Research, 65(3), 191-201.
- Cheng, C.W., Hung, Y.C., and Balakrishnan, N. (2014),
Generating Beta Random Numbers and Dirichlet Random Vectors in R: The Package rBeta2009.
Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 71, 1011-1020.
- Hung, Y.C., Balakrishnan, N., and Cheng, C.W. (2011),
Evaluation of Algorithms for Generating Dirichlet Random Vectors.
Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 81(4), 445-459.
- Comparison of Baseline Recall Periods and Classification Approaches in Characterizing Risk of Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in Clinical Trials.
@ Pfizer Inc. 2014 Summer Student Worker Program Poster Session; August 2014.
On Effective Prediction of Preventable Hospital Readmission.
@ 37th MBSW, Ball State University, May 2014.
- rBeta2009, an R package for generating beta random numbers and Dirichlet random vectors.
Available on CRAN
- NCUThesis, a LaTeX thesis/dissertation template for graduate students at National Central University.