- No meetings are currently scheduled. Information about future meetings will be displayed here when it becomes available.
- Professor Rebecca W. Doerge part of $50 million iPlant initiative
- Success of StatCom Leads to Expanded Pro Bono Network
- See StatCom in the News for a complete list of news articles.
StatCom was founded in response to former Purdue President Martin Jischke's call to increase engagement between Purdue University and the surrounding community. With the help of a Member Initiatives Grant from the American Statistical Association (ASA), StatCom has now grown into an international StatCom Network with graduate students at many other institutions starting their own programs to serve their communities. Through
In addition to the consulting services, StatCom at Purdue also started a P-12 Outreach component in 2004 which serves as an effort to increase interest and achievement in statistics among pre-college students. StatCom P-12 Outreach members at Purdue develop age-appropriate, hands-on statistics activities for educational events, such as classroom visits and community festivals.
Any local nonprofit or governmental group is encouraged to contact StatCom at Purdue about its particular needs or projects. Possible clients include learning centers, libraries, schools, shelters, or local government departments.
Advice and assistance are available on a wide variety of statistical issues including:
- Designing and analyzing surveys
- Identifying trends and relationships in data
- Making predictions and projections
- Finding meaningful information in large data sets
- Designing and conducting educational activities at schools and community events.
To contact StatCom at Purdue about a potential project, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Teena Erwin at (765) 494-5324.