Department of Statistics K-12 OutreachMission
The K-12 Outreach program at Purdue University is part of the Purdue College of Science's effort to increase interest and achievement in mathematics and science at all pre-college levels in Indiana. The mission of the Department of Statistics K-12 Outreach is to:
- Promote involvement in mathematics and science among Indiana high school students.
- Collaborate with Indiana's teachers to improve the teaching and learning of K-12 mathematics and science.
- Increase the recruitment and retention rates of all students in the Department of Statistics and the College of Science at Purdue.
- Increase student interest and involvement in mathematics and science activities.
- Demonstrate how the use of technology and hands-on activities can enhance instruction and learning.
- Enlighten K-12 teachers about variations in instructional strategies, problem-solving learning environments, and effective instructional materials.
- Develop inter-disciplinary activities to mutually benefit mathematics and science education.
Math/Statistics K-12 Outreach Coordinator
Mathematical Sciences Building, Room 241
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067
Phone: (765) 494-9578
Additional K-12 Outreach services are offered by the Department of Statistics graduate student volunteer organization, STATCOM P-12 Outreach. Please visit their webpage to learn more about their services.