Friday, April 27, 2007 at 2pm
Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 6pm
This short conference will cover a broad range of topics in the mathematical and other quantitative aspects of finance. It will feature two principal one-hour talks and seven or eight secondary talks by more junior participants.
Registration and Conference VenueThere is no fee for attending the conference. Registration will be at the door starting at 2:00 pm on the day of the conference. The conference venue will be on the campus of Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, in Room 101, LCM (Samsung Auditorium).
Funding opportunity for young researchersThis conference is being supported with modest funds from the National Science Foundation. Graduate students and young investigators (less than three years beyond the Ph.D.) can receive reimbursement for most of their travel costs (airfare/gas plus one hotel night based on double occupancy).
To apply for these funds, send a message to Oana Mocioalca (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 1st, 2007, indicating your interest in the conference, and provide the name of one reference (e.g. Ph.D. advisor or postdoctoral mentor).
PostersAll junior researchers are encouraged to contribute a poster, and should signify their intent to do so by e-mailing Oana Mocioalca, email@example.com, as early as possible; posters will be presented during a dedicated poster session.
Hotel InformationBlocks of hotel rooms for the nights of Friday April 27 and Saturday April 28 have been reserved at the following hotels (these blocks will not be held past April 20th; when making reservations, call before April 20th, and mention the Kent-Purdue mini-conference block on April 27, 28):
- Fairfield Inn, Marriott, Streetsboro, 330-422-1166
TransportationFor driving directions and maps of the university please visit: http://imagine.kent.edu/directions/
The closest airports to Kent are Akron Fulton International Airport, Akron/Canton Regional Airport which is convenient for people coming from New York City, and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport which is a hub for Southwest. We will schedule pick-up from the airport if advance notice will be provided.
Kent State University, in Room 101, LCM (Samsung Auditorium).
Friday, April 27, 2007
- 2:00 - 2:55pm Registration
- 2:55 - 3:00pm Introduction
- 3:00 - 4:00pm Tomas Bjork, Stockholm School of Economics
- 4:00 - 4:30pm Coffee
- 4:30 - 5:00pm Ionut Florescu, Stevens Institute of Technology
- 5:05 - 5:35pm Michael Levine, Purdue University
Saturday, April 28, 2007
- 9:30 - 10:00am Cristina Mariani, New Mexio State University
- 10:05 - 10:35am Sara Biagini, Princeton University
- 10:35 - 11:05am Coffee
- 11:05am - 12:05pm Thaleia Zariphopoulou, University of Texas
- 2:30 - 3:30pm Poster session
- 3:30 - 4:00pm Erhan Bayraktar, University of Michigan
- 4:05 - 4:35pm Jose Enrique Figueroa-Lopez, University of California, Santa Barbara
- 4:40 - 5:00pm Coffee
- 5:00 - 5:30pm Ciprian Tudor, Universite de Paris I Pantheon-Sorbonne
- 5:35 - 6:00pm Kazim Khan, Kent State University